Representative: Shawn Dikes
- Assure adequate public transportation in the community.
- Correct vehicular and pedestrian hazards.
- Promote the Share the Road campaign.
The CHCC Transportation Committee strives to develop neighborhood-based solutions that balance the needs of all users of the public right-of-way while enhancing the livability of communities and neighborhoods in Crescent Hill. The Committee will help residents create innovative transportation design and planning solutions to improve conditions for all transportation users.
If you have a concern or know of a problem in one or more of the following categories, please let our Chair or another CHCC officer know -
- Pedestrian and bicycle issues
- Community-friendly street design
- Traffic (speeding, traffic calming)
- Intersection design
- Public involvement for transportation projects
- Street signing and marking
- Traffic crashes
- Transit service
If you would like to volunteer to help on the committee please contact Shawn Dikes or another CHCC officer.
Transportation Related Links (Louisville, Kentucky and national resources)–
- Traffic Calming Presentation
The CHCC has been working on issues related to speeding in neighborhoods. Besides more police enforcement, a series of techniques known as traffic calming are often used to address this issue. At the CHCC meeting on March 3, 2005, our Transportation Committee Chair, Shawn Dikes, presented an introduction to Traffic Calming. These slides are a copy of that presentation.
The CHCC will continue to work with the Metro Government to allow traffic calming techniques as part of a series of strategies to address speeding on residential streets.
- Citizen's Guide to Metropolitan Transportation Planning
Here is the Guide to Metropolitan Transportation Planning.